Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Paper work


I received a small package today in the mail, it was full of information about travel to and from. I am grateful that everything is so detailed. I know exactly what times and who will be transporting me to and from the airport in Nairobi and then to Tenwek. Also in the package was information about the visa we will need and other contact information.
I can't wait. I remember my interest in this trip came last year after my friend Rebekah gave a presentation on her trip and some of the things she saw and did. She expressed how amazing the experience was both physically and emotionally draining. I was impressed then, and thought how great it would be to be able to do something like this. At that time I thought it would be just another one of those "wish list things" something I would only be able to dream about doing. Early in the year Jan or Feb. I think it came up that the group would again return to Tenwek. After telling Jennifer about this potentially opportunity I was amazed by her response, "Do it!" She said, "I think if the opportunity is their I think you should do it." She paused and then said "How much will that cost?" Again then we were both brought back to reality. Something like this would just be a dream, I guess now we can say it was a dream come true.
Pictures like this one above really struck me, I am so grateful for the things I am able to enjoy and the health care services I do have (I am not addressing any current problems we have), but when you consider the people of Kenya it makes it a little harder to complain about what we are blessed with in this country.
Have a nice day!

0 comments: