Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Difficult to leave, the young don't understand.


I think today everything set in a little more. I am not going back to work for 21 days. That is pretty exciting, but I am going to have to leave the kids. I actually didn't think it would be this hard, but when Rebekah the one second from the left came in my room after we had put everyone else to bed and was just sobbing, I ask her if anything was wrong or if she was hurt (thought maybe on of her sister may have done something to her), upon further investigation, it was concluded that she was just going to miss me. I ask her if she understood why I was going, and what I would be doing there. She of course said yes, she said she knew that I was going to help others do a great and wonderful thing, but that she would just miss me.
These moments are just precious, I love my family, I love the examples they are to me. I haven't even left for Africa yet but I have learned so many things.
Thank you again soooo much for all of the love, support and mostly prayers.

3 comments:

Jen said...

We will miss you, but we are so excited you have this opportunity to serve others in this way. It is so amazing the outpouring of love and support we have recieved. Hugs...

Mia said...

I'm excited for you and your family. They will undoubtedly miss you. But this experience will have a profound affect on you and through you, your family. I promise to check in on them!

Karen and June said...

You must be on uyour way to London by now. God's speed and blessing to you for all the wonderful things you do.