Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It is amazing

This is Chep Koech and Enoch. I have pictures of the others but I can't find them. They were all doing quite well. On Monday the 6th they were all out of the unit and in the Peds area. Some even were going home, that has been the most amazing thing I think I have felt lucky to be able to witness. 13 patients six days, by day 8 they were all doing well enough to move on.
I also was amazed by each of their inner strength and physical strength. I have obviously never had open heart surgery, but I can imagine that it is very painful recovery. Many of them did recieve some pain medicine, but not nearly what I thought I should have given them. We constantly ask if they were hurting, and then would deny any pain, mostly we gave them pain medicine when we could tell they were in the slightest bit of discomfort. Even so, it was mostly tylenol or codeine.









(above) These smiles were priceless.



Sad it was over, it seemed to go by really quick. Of course we were really happy everything had gone ok. Many family and staff prayers were answered.
Each one of them will continue in our thoughts and prayers.

This is Tuesday morning things packed and ready to head off to our safari. We were all sad to leave. Dr. Russ White was there to see us off.

1 comments:

Mia said...

Beautiful smiles. I can't wait to hear all about your trip.