Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 5











Two more surgeries today, both went well. It has been a good day the patients have done really well, both are extubated and some just on a little oxygen. It has been cool to be able to walk freely in the OR and take pictures of whatever I want. Common courtesy applies of course but other wise you may do what you want.

They moved all of the cardiac patients to one little 6 bed room and moved them out of the adult ICU. I feel so much better about that, the environment is much better and they are around others near their same age and their family stays in there with them.

I worked all night and then went home and attempted to rest before I had to come back at noon, I was slightly interrupted by my roommate Dr. Patel. He snores really loud and in fact I was even a little worried about him for a few moments. He was ok, but I wasn't getting any sleep.

The day has been really busy, just lots going on. Dr. Fingleton, Eric G, and Wynitia left for home today, so Dr. Bichell and the rest of them leave tomorrow and the next day. I can't believe that this trip is coming to a close, there are two more surgeries tomorrow.

Love to all and thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

1 comments:

Robin said...

Thanks for keeping up with this my Nerdy son! You all are the best. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures. Be careful, Son. Love, Mom