Thursday, August 20, 2009

Well the trip was almost postponed. The team didn't have an anesthesiologist, well now we do. This disappointment lasted about 2 weeks and then out of the blue the critical team member was identified and the trip was back on. It would be an understatement to say that everyone was disappointed, I think devistation would have been a more appropriate word.

Mostly that the patients who need surgery would have to wait....if they could. I think much faith came from my daughters who have been so excited for me to be able to help in this way. I am humbled by their faith and prayers. I think from the time that I told them that I might not be going they were sad, and began praying. "Please help them find a doctor so that they can go help the kids in Kenya."

Let the supply hunt continue. YAHOO!!!

I was at Avida Healthwear in Franklin today and ask them if I could purchase old out of style scrubs or maybe with minor flause. The owner quickly responded, "well I have some older style scrubs of various sizes that I would love to just give you." She ended up giving me three big boxes of new scrubs. I was so excited, wow what a blessing, that was just a neat experience, I feel blessed.

0 comments: