Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Great Story

If you read my first post then you will have remembered me mentioning how humbled I have been with all of those who have spiritually, emotionally, and temporally supported me as I have been preparing for this trip. Some of you may have heard this story, but one day I reiceved a check in the mail for $11.00.
Thank you Christi (my sister in law) for sending the first-hand account.

"As for the story of the 11 dollars.... The day we got your letter asking for donations we told the kids over dinner that we would be donating and asked if they wanted to participate. They immediately got up and went to their various money stashes. They had just been told that we would be going to Sea World in San Diego at the end of summer and they had started to save up for spending money for that. Mark, Emily, and Paige brought money for me to send to you. Emily brought all she had.

Thank you for letting us participate in your trip to Africa. What a great opportunity for you and we were happy to help in our small way! Love Christi."

Isn't this awesome. Thank you Mark, Emily, and Paige for your help, what a wonderful example you are to me. Thank you for your kindness and generosity, and mostly your sacrifice to help those people in Africa.

Love your Uncle in Tennessee

Thank you all, have a great week!






I obtained permission to post these pictures, they are from World Medical Mission.










Just a few scanned pictures of Tenwek Hospital.

0 comments: