Sunday, August 2, 2009

1st Post






This blog post is long overdue, I am sorry I have just been busy like everyone else. We have been working and celebrating birthday's. June through Aug are birthday months at our house.



This picture of this syringe symbolizes mostly what I have done to prepare for this trip. I had to get typhoid, yellow fever, Hepatitis A, already immune to B, Meningitis, and polio. I am taking antimalarial medications, along with many other "anti" medications for other not to be discussed medical problems I might expereince on the trip. Many of you know I sent a letter requesting donations, something I haven't ever done before, many of you also know that the donations have come from friends, family and even strangers. This has been very humbling for me. No words can adequately describe my appreciation to those who are supporting me on this trip. Naturally I am nervous and very excited. I can't wait to go.


We have been having monthly Tenwek meetings, and have been collecting things from the hospital. There are many more things I need to purchase for the trip, and will be doing that over the next few weeks. If I have counted right I will leave in 53 days. WOW time is flying. I feel very lucky to have this opportunity. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.







This is a picture of my friend and coworker Rebekah. This picture was taken last year at Tenwek Mission Hospital. This is one of the patients she worked with, Rebekah is one of the 6 total nurses who will be going again this year. Tenwek is located 200+ miles north west of Nairobi in the city of Bomet (not sure if you call it a city). It is a pretty long and bumpy drive from what I have been told.



Here is another Native who as you can tell many of the staff quickly became attached to.

0 comments: